We will be closed this Saturday for the 4th of July holiday.
Please note: For the month of JUNE the office will be closing at 4pm on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Protect Children from too Much Sun
Wear hats, sunglasses, and protective clothing.
Use sunscreen with SPF 15+ on kids over six months; keep infants out of direct sunlight.
Limit time in the mid-day sun – the sun is most intense between 10 and 4.
Sun Recommendations from the American Academy of Pediatrics
- The two main recommendations from the AAP to prevent sunburn are to avoid sun exposure, and to dress infants in lightweight long pants, long-sleeved shirts, and brimmed hats that shade the neck to prevent sunburn. However, when adequate clothing and shade are not available, parents can apply a minimal amount of sunscreen with at least 15 SPF (sun protection factor) to small areas, such as the infant’s face and the back of the hands. If an infant gets sunburn, apply cool compresses to the affected area.
For All Other Children:
- The first, and best, line of defense against harmful ultraviolet radiation (UVR) exposure is covering up. Stay in the shade whenever possible, and limit sun exposure during the peak intensity hours – between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Wear a hat with a three-inch brim or a bill facing forward, sunglasses (look for sunglasses that provide 97% -100% protection against both UVA and UVB rays), and clothing with a tight weave.
- On both sunny and cloudy days use a sunscreen with an SPF 15 or greater that protects against UVA and UVB rays.
- Be sure to apply enough sunscreen — about one ounce per sitting for a young adult.
- Reapply sunscreen every two hours, or after swimming or sweating.
- Use extra caution near water and sand (and even snow!) as they reflect UV rays and may result in sunburn more quickly.
Due to weather conditions, we will be closing at 4:30pm today.
We will reopen tomorrow, Tuesday, 02/24/2015 at 8am.
We are getting all of our patients who pick up written scripts for ADD/ADHD monthly to be on the same schedule for their quarterly visits.
Starting 2015 all patients on controlled ADD/ADHD medications need to be evaluated in the clinic during the following months:
If you need a refill you may request online via our EZAcces Portal,
or you may call the clinic at (512) 255-7337.
Friday, December 26th – 8am – 12 Noon
Saturday, December 27th – 8am – 12 Noon
Wednesday, December 31st – 8am – 12 Noon
Thursday, January 1st – CLOSED
Friday, January 2nd – 8am – 5pm