Summer is in full swing with predictions of triple digit temperatures right around the corner. Here are a few tips to keep your child safe and active during the summer months.
1) Use sunscreen!
2) Play outdoors earlier in the morning before the heat of the sun can become dangerous.
3) Play in the water! Swimming is fun and a great way to stay active!
4) Keep hydrated! If you’re going out make sure to keep some healthy snakes and water.
5) Summer is a great time to get the kids and their friends together for playdates!
6) Reading! Reading will help keep your child’s brain engaged during the summer months and will increase their vocabulary and help prepare them for the next school year.
For thirty years the soup kitchen has served meals to the community every single day.
For information on volunteering, you can call (512) 474-2666 or visit their website – Angel House online.
There are an estimated 3 – 5,000 students in the Austin school district who are homeless. Recently the number of homeless individuals and families in Austin has decreased, but still numbers in the thousands.
Read more about homelessness in Austin and around the country: